BCCI has announced the names of 15 Indian team players for Women’s World Cup 2022 which is going to be held in New Zealand. Mitali Raj will be the captain of the team and Harmanpreet Kaur will play the role of vice-captain of the Indian Women’s Cricket team.
It will be a treat to watch the first match of the Indian team against Pakistan. Yes, the first battle of India will be with the Pakistan team on 6th March 2022 at Bay Oval. The team has to represent the country in 5 one-day series against New Zealand before the World Cup tournament. The series will start on 11th February 2022.
India’s schedule in World Cup 2022 will be as-
- First match: 06 March 2022 against Pakistan
- Second match: 10 March 2022 against New Zealand
- Third match: 12 March 2022 against West Indies
- Fourth match: 16 March 2022 against England
- Fifth match: 19 March 2022 against Australia
- Sixth match: 22 March 2022 against Bangladesh
- Seventh match: 27 March 2022 against South Africa
Indian players selected for Women’s World Cup 2022 and New Zealand Series
Mitali Raj, harmanpreet Kaur, Smruti Mandhana, Shefali Verma, Yastika Bhatiya, Dipti Sharma, Richa Ghosh, Sneh Rana, Jhulan Goswamy, Puja Wastrakar, Megha Singh, Renuka Singh Thakur, Taniya Bhatiya, Rajeshwar Gayakwad, Punam Yadaw.
Stand By players: Ekta Bisht, Simran Dil Bahadur, Sabhineni Meghna