The Tata IPL 2022 is the 15th season which is commenced on March 26, 2022. In this, we will be watching the best match against the defending champions Chennai Super Kings vs Kolkata Night Riders.
As this is the 15th season of IPL, this year, the league has welcomed two new teams. The team has been included in the league just to increase the entertainment quotient and the competitive spirit in the tournament.
Lucknow Super Giants and Gujarat Titans are the two teams that are newly added to the league. So, this year, there will be a total of 10 teams participating in the league.
By taking an account of the Covid-19 situation all over the globe, BCCI has decided to arrange all the IPL matches in Maharashtra only.
Total 70 matches will be played during the tournament and all the matches will be played across four stadiums, that include the Wankhede Stadium, Brabourne Stadium, Dr. DY Patil Sports Academy in Mumbai, and the Maharashtra Cricket Association Stadium in Pune.
Now the twist has come into the to-be-told story of IPL that BCCI has changed some rules and the changes are major which are as follows.
1. The number of reviews (Decision Referral System) available for each team per innings has gone up from one to two.
2. In this season of IPL, the recent modification of the law by Marylebone Cricket Club on the incoming batter in case of a crossover when the catch is taken has been enforced. Now, irrespective of whether the batsmen have crossed the halfway mark on the pitch, the new batsman will take the strike, except if it’s the last ball of the over.
3. The next change has been made in strategic timeout. The strategic timeout (two per innings) has increased from 2:30 minutes to 3 minutes.
4. As, still there is a Covid condition are there in the whole world and the conditions may become tough, so, the matches would be rescheduled if a team has been affected by COVID-19.
In case a franchise is “unable to field a team on account of COVID for any match and have less than 12 players available in the playing XI (of which at least 7 must be Indian) plus 1 substitute fielder”, then the game will be rescheduled.
It is a major shift from the preceding seasons when the rule stated that if a team is unable to field with 12 players, “the franchisee will be deemed to have lost the match with its opponent being awarded 2 points”. However, the technical department will decide the rescheduling of matches and it will be a final decision.
5. In case a playoff game or the final ends in a tie and the Super Over fails to take place, then the team finishing higher on the points table will be declared as the winner of the match.
As per the rule, “If conditions do not permit a Super Over, or subsequent Super Overs within the time available to determine the winner as described, then the team which, at the end of the relevant regular season, finished in the top position in the league table will be deemed the winner of the relevant play-off match”.
Before a week of getting the start of IPL 2022, BCCI changed the rules. It should be noted that the rules have been changed just due to overspreading of the Covid-19 virus.
READ ALSO :