- Finally, the entire A+B package IPL media rights (TV & Digital Rights) gets sold and the winners for package ‘A’ are Disney (Star Sports)& Viacom18 for package B
- BCCI after e-auction on Sunday of two categories A+B has confirmed the sum total for the rights to be closed at Rs. 44,075 crores
Finally, the IPL media rights for IPL Sub continent cycle 2023 – 2027 for both TV and Digital ends at the closing of Rs. 44,075 crores for A+B categories. For the digital rights, as per reports published on Insider sports, have got their bidders finalized with the likes of Disney (Star Sports) &Viacom18. Whom the TV rights have been given, it’s not yet disclosed but as soon as we receive an update will update you!!
Learn from the latest updates we have:
- Entire IPL rights of package A+B have been sold for 44,075 crores with two different broadcasters
- Viacom18 wins the digital rights package ‘B’ for Rs. 20,500 crores, whereas, TV rights are sold for Rs. 23, 575 crores with winners as Disney (Star Sports)
- Speculation based on feeds received says, that the IPL rights package A gets sold to Disney (Star Sports), but news is yet to be confirmed from the BCCI
- As per reports and based on the revenue at which the rights have been sold at, around 107.5 crores match valuation is been estimated which means package ‘A’ which is sold at 23,575 crores will have 57.5 crores per match value estimation whereas for package B which was sold at 20,500 crores, will have 50 crores per match value estimation.
- Package D – Rest of the world media rights which means for Australia and Europe territories have gone to Viacom
As per reports, Disney (Star Sports) has bagged Package A – the TV rights for the Indian subcontinent.@IPL @StarSportsIndia #IPLMediaRights #ipl2023 #sony #ipl #iplmemes #ipl2022 #ipllive #hotstar #sony #ambani #sonyipl #cricmazza #auction #ipleauction #starsports #disney pic.twitter.com/H32U7P8YqS— Cricmazza (@cric_mazza) June 13, 2022
IPL Media e-Auction: VIACOM18 WINS IPL DIGITAL RIGHTS for the next 5 years.@IPL @viacom18#IPLMediaRights #ipl2023 #sony #ipl #iplmemes #ipl2022 #ipllive #hotstar #sony #ambani #sonyipl #live #ipllivestreaming #viacom18#cricmazza #auction #ipleauction pic.twitter.com/FJds15maOd— Cricmazza (@cric_mazza) June 13, 2022
So, what were the criteria during the process?
- During the e-auction process, not even the BCCI official was aware of the highest bidder winning the bid
- The package ‘A’ rights winner had the leverage to challenge the package B rights winner and same clause applied for package C and D winners
- Only NFL (The national football league) is costlier than IPL rights, and
- Below to IPL comes only English Football league with 11 million which is around 85.5 crores.
In case of any further changes, updates will be released shortly.