During the tournament, in order to protect the players and the associated person from the spread of the Covid-19 virus, the BCCI has made a special arrangement called as Bio-Bubble. The IPL auction will be conducted at this tight bio-bubble. Some players are calling it as a house of Big-Boss.
In this, the franchise officers who will participate in the process of the auction have to go undergo a Covid test for 3 consecutive days, and only after then they will be allowed to attend the auction if the report comes negative.
The Mega Auction of IPL 2022 is going to be held on 12 and 13 February 2022 in Bengaluru. In the auction, there will be 10 teams bidding on 590 players. In the new season of IPL 2022, the two new teams such as Ahmedabad and Lucknow are going to introduce as the new franchise leagues.
As the new and creative infra-structure made this event very interesting. The bio-bubble arrangement will like an eventual and special place for the auction. Apart from this, a rule book or we can say it as a guide is made having 10 instructions that every franchise has to follow during the auction. All the protocols and instructions are designed related to avoiding the infection of the Covid-19 virus during the process of the auction for IPL 2022.
Let us know the rules and guidelines.
Nevertheless, the situation is under control and the third wave is affecting lesser than that of the previous two, but still, there are chances to spread infections. It is not 100% vanished. Hence, the whole Mega auction process for this season’s IPL tournament is decided to be kept in bio-bubble.
Therefore, all franchisees will have to follow the instruction relevant to Bio-Bubble.
- The franchise officials who can take part in the Mega Auction only should have done the Covid test with negative RT-PCR reports on February 9, 10, and 11, and the test will be performed at the lab recognized by the BCCI.
- In this season, the franchise is not going to get the Right to Match i.e. RTM card. Earlier, all teams had two right-to-match cards. The purpose for that was, the franchise is given the option to buy back such a player, whom they have not been able to retain. But want to get back in the team. For this, if a player was bought by another team during the auction, then his old team could use the right-to-match card to add the player to them at the same price. In this season, this feature has been canceled. Because two new teams have joined the auction. So it would have been unfair to them.
- In this season, the salary pipe for all the teams has been increased to 90 crores. It is for aspiring players who want to play domestic cricket and want to show their talent on the crease.
- The people who will be participating in the auction have to be quarantined for 7 days when they returned to India from abroad in 15 days. After that, they have to pass the Covid test with a negative report on the 9th day.
- The BCCI will also keep attention on those who reach the hotel for the auction on February 11 and it will be made sure that none of them are showing symptoms of the corona.
- The auction process is decided on 12 and 13 February 2022. On this day, the Covid test will start at 7 in the morning before the auction process starts.
- The officers participating in the auction will have to stay in the hotel room till their report comes negative.
- Only people are allowed to attend the auction who has negative Covid report. All the members who will participate in the process of the auction will have to share all their information with the medical team of BCCI including a certificate of Covid vaccination.
- Mask is mandatory for the people sitting at the auction table and present in the auditorium.
- At last, all the people will have to follow the Covid protocols made for the IPL 2022 auction and the guidelines related to it.