As the T20I world cup is nearing, speculations have also increased who will play and who will not after the T20I world cup concludes. In this article today, we will also share some light on the best possible cricketers whose likelihood to play after the T20I World Cup is quite doubtful.
- Shikhar Dhawan – We would like to name Shikhar Dhawan first in this list as his appearance looks quite doubtful after the T20I world cup. Reason for this prediction is purely because the player has already taken retirement from the shortest format of the game and chances are highly unlikely for him to be seen even in the T20I world cup event.
- Mohammed Shami – Mohammed Shami looks red hot in the list of players who can retire from the shortest format of cricket. Reason is purely due to his consistent performance. To remind you, the 31-year-old Mohammed Shami wasn’t good in last year’s T20I world cup held in the UAE. Shami has so far played 17 T20I matches with an economy rate of 8.84 which is not very justified for a player like him.
- Ravichandran Ashwin – The cricketer known for his good play in the longest cricket format is just the opposite when it comes to the shortest format. And also, his performances weren’t at par in the last year’s world cup too, so its highly expected that if things don’t go well or vice versa, Ravichandran might take retirement from the shortest format. (T20I)
- Axar Patel – Despite stellar performance throughout the ODI and the T20I formats so far, the stars for the player does not look very good. And why we say so is purely because whenever the team is at full strength, the player was always neglected and wasn’t taken as part of the world cup squad. In this manner it has been quite evident that he would consider taking retirement from the shortest format after the t20I world cup.
- Virat Kohli – Chances for Virat Kohli are very high that he would opt for retirement from the shortest format of the game after the T20I world cup is over. As the former captain has been in continuous limelight for his underperformance and not scoring a century for the past 3 years. It’s highly likely that he might retire from the T20I format.
So that all from us, for more sports news updates just stay connected with us.