- Good news for all the franchises, 12 New Zealand players got full NOC to play IPL
- Kane Williamson, Tim Southee and star bowler Trent Boult will be among the 12 players to make their full presence in the league.
- The South African players may not consider them as lucky as the Black Caps and will expect a few days off hammer from the IPL
The good news just prevailed on the internet about the 12 New Zealand players getting their NOCs to play in all the matches of IPL with full attendance. Surely, it is indeed a great news for all those franchisees, which were just waiting for this news to come out. Kane Williamson, Tim Southee and star bowler Trent Boult will be among the 12 players to make their full presence in the league.
What was holding back New Zealandian’s so much?
The hurdle was about the match that the New Zealand Cricket board has planned against the Netherlands team but as there is a saying that says “All is well that ends well” the NZC declared on Friday that they will opt for a new look of players in the team (Non – IPL) for the one-off and the three-day match series (ODI) against the Netherlands. all the possible players playing for the IPL which is including the likes of Kane Williamson, Tim Southee and star bowler Trent Boult will be full available for the Tata IPL 15 edition this year.
The Non-IPL ODI three-day match between the New Zealand and the Netherland team will be taking place from March 26th and March 29th but the New Zealand cricket authority decided to release the player who has been selected by the IPL franchisees.
But as there is sunny side-up for some, there will be a dark chocolate for others which can be pretty bitter. The South African players may not consider them as lucky as the Black Caps and will expect a few days off hammer from the IPL. The south African team is going to have an ODI home series against the Bangladesh team from March 18th and will see an end on 23rd March. If the South African board (CSA) decides to have a full-length squad, then there are chances that the South African players would see handsome delay of two weeks at the beginning of the IPL. The BCCI is in talks with the CSA to come toa common ground resolving the situation.
Recently, in another blow from the South African side was given to the Delhi Capitals team. The CSA medical squad claimed that the south African pacer Anrich Nortje road to attain the desired fitness is not looking so promising therefore can be ruled out from the IPL and upcoming home series against the Bangladesh which is in centurion and Johannesburg. You can find out by yourself as the player’s name is missing from the tour against the Bangladeshi team.
CSA Medical squad member Dr. Shuaib Manjra said,
Nortje’s road to attaining the desired fitness has been “frustrating.” “He is currently being investigated. He has been seen by three different orthopaedic surgeons. He is struggling with loading and doing most of the other rehab work,”
The names of the 12 players from New Zealand who got the NOC to play for the IPL are:
- Lockie Ferguson – Gujarat Titans
- Kane Williamson – Sunrisers Hyderabad
- Trent Boult – Rajasthan Royals
- Mitchell Santner – Chennai Super Kings
- Adam Milne – Chennai Super Kings
- James Neesham – Rajasthan Royals
- Tim Southee – Kolkata Knight Riders
- Glenn Phillips – Sunrisers Hyderabad
- Finn Allen – Royal Challengers Bangalore
- Devon Conway – Chennai Super Kings
- Daryl Mitchell – Rajasthan Royals
- Tim Seifert – Delhi Capitals