- As per news reports, Abey Kuruvilla becomes the new General Manager of BCCI
- Abey Kuruvilla has great experience in first-class cricket and retired from international cricket in 2000 to make room for the youth.
- Earlier, Kuruvilla was on the national selection committee as a dedicated member, which ended this year
So, now the new general manager of the BCCI board will be Mr. Abey Kuruvilla. He is the former cricket player of our Indian cricket team who didn’t play many matches but whatever he did was outstanding. Abey Kuruvilla will be replacing Dhiraj Malhotra who was the general manager before and who stepped down from his role recently.
One of the main attractions about the player and now the general manager is his 6-foot, 6 inches stature who in total has played 82 matches and has grabbed 290 wickets before his retirement. Kuruvilla’s best-known event is when in 1997 while playing against West Indies, the player was called in replacement to the fast arm bowler Javagal Srinath to lead.
According to the news reports from ANI, Kuruvilla is the next GM of the BCCI,
“Yes, Abey Kuruvilla will be taking the reins as the new General Manager of BCCI.”
Prior to this role, Mr. Kuruvilla was a part of the national Selection cricket committee which got over this year.
Let’s know some fewer known things about Mr. Kuruvilla:
- Mr. Abey Kuruvilla, is the former Indian pacer who retired from all forms of cricket in the year 2000 to become the coach.
- In his brief career, Mr. Kuruvilla played 35 international Matches, 10 test matches and 25 ODI’s which interestingly took place in one year’s time.
- Abey Kuruvilla came into limelight when during a match Javagal Srinath faced an injury and Abey had to lead the team as a pacer.
- On September 27th, 2012, Mr. Kuruvilla was appointed as the member of the national selection committee for the BCCI and decided this year (2022) to resign after a 5-year tenure with board.
- Mr. Kuruvilla never had any interest in the game of cricket but when he was in his 22, he bowled a few deliveries in his university trial and after that he received a phone call to be a part of the Indian cricket team, handpicked by Sanjay Manjrekar
- His first ever debut match was in the year 1990-91, playing for Ranji against Haryana in Bombay.
So, this is for now, as there are many things to talk about him but the above is a few which state him in and out is one of the best that the Indian Cricket has ever got.
For more updates on the latest cricket trends and other sports, stay on only on cricmazza.com